ZAZZLE won't publish straight razor stamp! Call it a "weapon."

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TheDouglasJBarber, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Dear ShaveStraight,

We are sorry to inform you that we are unable to approve your Zazzle Custom Stamp 'Shave Straight Postage - Customized' for display in the Zazzle gallery. Your Zazzle Custom Stamp design may not be published or purchased.

Because Zazzle Custom Stamp are real United States postage, they are subject to special governmental content restrictions, detailed here.

You can easily create a new Zazzle Custom Stamp and publish it to fit within the allowed guidelines. Click here to start a new Zazzle Custom Stamp design.

The details of the inappropriate product is listed here:

The following Zazzle Custom Stamp could not be approved:

Product Title: Shave Straight Postage - Customized
    Product Type: Stamp
    Product ID: 172650099758083050
    Contributor: ShaveStraight
    Result: Not Approved
    Policy Violations:
    Depicts, glorifies, or makes reference to weapons, including firearms, in a non-incidental way.

If you have any questions or concerns about the review of your Zazzle Custom Stamp product, please email stamps_review@zazzle.com

Thank you,
    Content Management Team
    Zazzle.com, Inc.

2. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Looks like someone at that location just saw the new Sweeny Todd movie. ;)

3. Stamps

They published the stamps I had made for Bill Ellis with a straight razor on them and the same saying underneath, "SHAVE STRAIGHT." I guess he better hang onto those. It looks as if they will be a one-of-a-kind.

I don't like it when people say no for idiotic reasons! I am a PEACE mom. Like I would promote weapons!

:( Elizabeth

4. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

Straight razors were classified as weapons long before Homeland Security came along.

"For the purposes of this policy a weapon is defined as any instrument, article, or substance which is specifically designed for and presently capable of causing death, incapacitation, or serious physical injury. This includes but is not limited to firearms, firearms ammunition, explosive devices (both incendiary and chemical), knives having a blade that swings into position by force of a spring or centrifugal force (commonly known as switchblades), any knives (other than pocket knives) with blades longer than three and one half inches, metal knuckles, straight razors, blackjacks, saps, sap gloves, koshes, bludgeons, martial art stars, and weapons of the type commonly known as nunchakus."~Lewis and Clark College, Weapons on Campus

In some jurisdictions in the United States, you can go straight to jail for carrying a concealable weapon, including a straight razor.

"Shaving with a lethal weapon has an alpha-male appeal that has driven up sales of what was once standard issue."~The Gazette (Montreal) 2007

"I was shaving with something I could use to hold up a bank. There was no going back to disposables. I was a cut-throat man."~The Gazette (Montreal) 2007

Richard

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

...........in a non-incidental way.

I need to remember that. :D

7. Weapon

The fact that the word, SHAVE, was used on the stamp should have made it clear that the razor was not being displayed as a weapon on the stamp. I already wrote to them.

:rolleyes:

Elizabeth

8. Remember what?

What do you need to remember--not to travel with your razor?

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Uh oh...now you're really on their list!

Duder may have had a point...

Attached Files:

• ST.jpg
      ST.jpg
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
  10. List

I am sure, Michael, that it won't be the last list I am on, lol!

11. Zazzle Published My Stamp!

Zazzle published my newest stamp :)

Attached Files:

12. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Forgive my ignorance but are these stamps that can be purchased and used on official mail?

I'm not sure what Zazzle is.

13. ZAZZLE

Hi,
    On ZAZZLE you can create your own designs for use on various items, like U.S. Postage and clothing (t-shirts. etc.). You upload your ideas, text, photos, on your computer and ZAZZLE puts the upload on the item you choose. Postage has to be approved because it is "official." Yes, the stamps can be purchased and used on official mail once the design is approved and published in someone's ZAZZLE gallery. I hope I have answered your question.

In the past I have used Zazzle to display my son's artwork on a sweatshirt. It was very cool!

:)'s Elizabeth

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Good job, Elizabeth!! Hell hath no fury like a woman who's stamp got rejected, huh??!! ;)

15. Good One, Michael

Okay--that was somewhat funny. You can laugh.

:rofl

Not that much!

:D

That's better.

;) Elizabeth

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I have to watch myself with you, don't I? :p

17. Sweatshirt Design

Here was the artwork we used on the sweatshirt. There is a pic. of my younger son wearing the shirt, someplace. My 14-year-old drew this when he was 7.

Attached Files:

18. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Thanks Elizabeth. I saw the straight razor mug and it's on my "to order" list. I wouldn't using the stamps either :D

19. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Well, you heard the official Zazzle word, "it's a weapon" :p Sweeny Todd may have a copycat :rofl

20. Who is the copycat?

:eek: Not YOU, Johan. Please, say it isn't so?!