2nd Annual 30DC Shavey Awards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BaylorGator, Apr 28, 2018.

1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I’d like to remind everyone, that there is less than one week left in MAYhem, and several Shavey categories remain unpopulated. Now is the time to get your stunt shave on, or nominate your friends for an award. Also don’t forget to nominate yourself for one of the PIF’s if you’re a newbie, watching from the sidelines or whatever. Make sure you get your Shavey on before the award show starts!

9nein9, Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I would like to nominate @clint64 smd @PickledNorthern for the Shave Sensei award. Both of these gentlemen have been extremely generous with sending me gear and software and full of encouragement and genuine interest as I learned better shaving technique. Plus, both of them would give the shirts off their backs and do anything to help someone out.

Now, if only I could meet up with them and buy them a beer or six. :eatdrink047:

Drygulch, 9nein9, Paul Turner and 6 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That's very kind of you Perry. Be careful when you mention beer, I could end up on your doorstep. ;)

Drygulch, 9nein9, RyX and 4 others like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Seriously, I'll let you know the next time we're in Atlanta. I remember you mentioning some bar where you have your name on the wall?? Let's meet up and have a few.

Drygulch, 9nein9, RyX and 3 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

We need meet up. I am going to try to come over and see the Barber museum this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drygulch, 9nein9 and PLAla like this.
  6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Am I to understand that one of you will actually send me a straight razor just for putting some menthol on my junk?

Been through many bars of the Glacial bath soaps. While one learns to avoid certain landmarks, it isn’t the end of the world.

I would demand A.S..

Drygulch, 9nein9, RyX and 6 others like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Thanks, Perry. That’s a kind sentiment.

We’ll meet up somewhere.

8. BaylorGator

Still waiting on another badass Looking Kamasouri here. Or at least something with awesome unique scales or something. I’m a Florida boy. My boys aren’t used to being chilly and need proper incentive. You northern boys may need less motivation.

Drygulch, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 3 others like this.
  9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Of course it requires AS, soaps don’t qualify unless Adam, @Drygulch certifies it has sufficient menthol to qualify you.

10. BaylorGator

11. BaylorGator

Apparently it’s bread and butter day at the shaveys

The welded butter knife shavette earns @9nein9 a nomination for the big cohones award (mostly because he converted his wife’s silverware to a razor without her knowledge). It is also added to his innovative string of razorlike contraptions.

@cmorris357’s bread scorer earns him nominations in the big cohones category as well as best shave with an object least suitable for shaving.

Congrats guys!

Drygulch, jtspartan, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm going to be away from June 12-23...hopefully will have some chances to check in, but we'll see. Are you going to be doling out prizes between those dates?

Edison Carter and 9nein9 like this.
  13. BaylorGator

Hopefully before then, Paul.

Edison Carter and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

oh ok....good to know.

Edison Carter and 9nein9 like this.
  15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

15275558923800.jpg
    Why not go all out and use this ? It is ultra strength !

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2018
  16. BaylorGator

Man of Steel nomination is on the board. Last year was more an epic battle of titans with bloodshed and carnage. This year seems to be more about designing ridiculous but well designed contraptions. The MAYhem is strong in this one... congrats for the nomination @9nein9. Somebody’s gotta have an epic week to challenge you on this one. Of course there is the Hail Mary of the menthol application.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Drygulch, jtspartan, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I'm staring down that bottle of Deep Relief right now .

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Does the label give instructions for quickly removing the product should that become expedient?

19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Good point. Just says not to use on mucous membranes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2018
  20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I could be talked into doing good this, but what is the proof required? :D