The Haul: July 30th - August 5th, 2012

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 30, 2012.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just received a brand new puck of Tabac, which I've always wanted to try, from our own Xezmer. Haven't even taken off the foil yet and I am already MUCHO surprised because you know what Tabac soap smells a lot like? LEATHER, my all-time favorite vintage Avon a/s - cologne. :happy036: Good way to start the week, eh?

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well since it is posted elsewhere ...

[​IMG]

Thanks Steve!

4. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

Got mine and my wife's razors in today and they are in EXCELLENT condition.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They look quite nice in the cabinet with the others :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343701806.246373.jpg

5. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

This one landed through my letter box all the way from the good old USA, a NOS Wade & Butcher came back home to the Mother land to live out the rest of her days glory be.

Jamie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I can see the cabinet, but when I click on the other two attachments, it says I don't have permission to view the images.

7. Indiexsunrise

Fixed

8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Ah, now I can see the new razors! Have you had a chance to shave with the fat boy yet?

9. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

New addition to the family! Received a Semogue 830.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343778016.033955.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343778029.518889.jpg

10. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hoffritz two-piece slant. needs a replate, the chrome's been damaged on the corners, but is in shave grade state and comes with the box and blade tins, So I can't complain.
    [​IMG]

The wooden and leather straight razor case only, the razor I got from Glen several weeks ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As far as I can tell, NOS. The lady selling these had five or six. And yes, it actually works.

11. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

The new members of the den
    IMG_0298.JPG
    A-10 Columbia cutlery Co Worcester Mass on one side nothing on other Etched "extra hollow ground fully warranted"
    B-H.H. Smith Co. Indianapolis,4,ind made in Germany on one side Mark V on the other
    C-No markings sellers ad said he purchased in the 70's. no other info.
    D-THE MOIS on one side and NO.1 on the other side no other markings

All of the razors had major blade color issues and one had rust when they arrived spent tonight polishing them and cleaning them. They turned out pretty well considering this is my cherry batch of restoration.

IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG

The Hones
    IMG_0310.JPG

Top to bottom

Natural Finishing stone I got from Glen
    King 8k
    John Pimble barbers hone
    King 1k/4k combo
    325 DMT plate

12. Indiexsunrise

I did yes, with some TOBS Avacado and a feather. It was ok, a lot different from my slim. I thought it would be similar just more heft but it was a completely unexpected shave. That being said it was close and non irritating just unexpected.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Rumor has it that back on Monday I was given an A1 (1955, first quarter) Gillette Super Speed Blue Tip by a coworker.
    Rumor also has it that this thing is in near mint condition and shaves very mild (at least that was the rumor posted in Tuesday's SOS).
    Only after posting pics will I be able to establish any kind of rumor control associated with said Blue Tip.
    Until then... :D

14. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

Pretty new around here. Posted this in safety razors and was directed here. A 1958 Super Speed Flair Tip that looks like it has hardly been used. Coded D1 made in USA. Pat no on pkg, no notch center bar. From what I've read these usually mate good with feather blades. I have some from a sampler from west coast shaving that I'm going to try in it in the morning.

[​IMG]

15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I would be very surprised if you are disappointed. It's a great combo, and your razor looks pristine, enjoy!

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The flair tip superspeeds are amazing! Enjoy it!

17. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

[​IMG]

Well FINALLY! 2 out of my 5 tins have arrived, amusingly enough the last ones to be ordered, and they made it here from England faster than any other package. My Foad's came with a sample of his new "vegan friendly" Satin Wax, and my Fat Jacks came with a sweet sticker which is now decorating the cover of my laptop - I'll be posting reviews up later on as soon as I figure out the best area for them to go in.

18. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Today I received a Schick E3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Case has some minor dings/scratches but the razor looks great.

19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

That's a beautiful case for your Schick!

americanshamrock likes this.
  20. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

Thanks, I think it will be great for travel. Only detractor is that this is the only key I have that will fit in the case so I will need to clean it up and fill it with good blades.