Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Wow! You have some of the coolest & oddest razors I have ever seen in one place! Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure I'll be admiring your collection for some time to come. Outstanding!

Linuxguile likes this.
  2. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks again! Will give this a try. I was able to carefully remove the blade which was in the razor when it arrived using pliers to hold another vintage blade as a pusher, but it holds much tighter than my type B's or type C's.
    The blade holder is very solid, not flexible at all like my other repeaters. A thinner modern blade may be easier to insert though I am hoping.

Linuxguile likes this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks! I hope hand loading works out for you, these prototypes are too cool not to shave with!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

4. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks for the inspiration! Getting a blade loaded was so much easier once I realized this razor uses a flat spring to hold the blade tight. By rotating the head towards it's storage position the tension on the blade is released. You can see the spring held by a screw in attached photo. 20191227_214220~2.jpg 20191227_214400~2.jpg

Redfisher, Linuxguile and brit like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Very cool! That make me think it is a prototype. A couple of mine use similar methods to keep the blade tighter in shaving position and looser in the storage/blade injection position

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Aztecmike likes this.
  6. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

If I would have realized that earlier it wouldn't have been such a struggle to remove the blade it arrived with. :angry032:
    Oh well, live & learn. I also beleive I found the patent showing this razor here https://razors.click/patents/GB264203/ :)

Linuxguile and Redfisher like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I've researched these razors extensively and have never seen this Type A injector before either. Good sleuthing on verifying it is a legit Schick razor. I would say it is a prototype and special one in that it is the design on the original patent Jacob Schick submitted for the repeater razor design. If it was sold at retail it should have patent info or patent pending and/or some sort of company or product branding on the razor.
    Same patent but US version here. US1655437A
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US1655437A/en?oq=1655437

That patent was the earliest filed patent by Jacob Schick being filed in 1924. If that was a later razor head design or meant for mass production you should see it on the 1926 patent filing here which you don't.
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US1756439A/en?oq=US1756439a

Congratulations on your find. That is a special and historically significant piece. That is the razor where it all started for the Schick brand.

brit and Aztecmike like this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you & thanks so much for the additional patent information! I was literally trembling with excitement as I was trying to show your post to my wife & had to have her hold my phone to read it because my hands were shaking so badly.

I knew it was a special piece when I first saw it, but never imagined just how special it might be. I will be a grateful & humble caretaker of this razor.

Although I've been a member for over a year now, these are my first posts. I hope to change that & be more active because even though I'm still a newbie to wet shaving, I have learned so much from so many different fine members at The Shave Den. ​

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I would also guess the 24 on the handle and razor head refers to a date specifically 1924 the same date as the patent application.

Linuxguile, brit and Aztecmike like this.
  10. mkomata

mkomata New Member

Hi,
    This is my first post.
    I like wet shaving and enjoy collecting various safety razors. I took a look at this site and became interested in schick repeating razors. I want this sterling silver razor and I'm happy to get it and finish it beautifully.
    GKNU2974.jpeg
    I have three schick repeating razors.
    SKLM4074.jpeg
    Type B3 is heavy so it's very easy to shave.
    JCCL5086.jpeg
    Sorry for my poor English...

Aztecmike, BBS, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That one in Sterling Silver is also called a Type B3 is one of the rarest Schick razors there is. Congratulations on owning it.

Some more information on these razors
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/thre...-magazine-repeating-razors-for-dummies.63744/

mkomata and Droo78 like this.
  12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Very nice collection. The B3 is fantastic.

mkomata and Droo78 like this.
  13. mkomata

mkomata New Member

Thank you for your comment.
    This B3 has an initial sculpture so make it inconspicuous, and to correct the distortion of the head spring and repair the plating.
    Most of the Schick repeating razors have too much head spring clearance, but with the exception of type A, can fix them remove and fix with a burner.
    4460F5F1-9558-4C58-8BB4-1DBAC4EE7D7B.JPG

14. mkomata

mkomata New Member

The magazine for the Schick repeating razors seems to come in two shapes.
    HIHP8557.jpeg
    Both were usable without problems.
    IMG_7763.jpeg
    However, the spare blade at that time can't be shaved very well. I prefer to use a cut AC type blade instead of a modern Schick blade.

jmudrick likes this.
  15. StuB

StuB New Member

Howdy,
    Love to join the club!
    Just got my second Repeating razor and am in need of some help/advice/creative solution.
    My first repeating razor is a complete gold plated, leather sheathed B1 which functions perfectly and shave like a dream. I just acquired a C3 which lacks a blade bank and is currently soaking in Dawn to hopefully looses up the stiff sliding mechanism.
    My questions are:
    1) Can I safely use the B1 blade tray/bank in the C3?
    2) Where can I find a spare C3 bank?
    3) Has anyone tried to make a bank for the C razors?
    Thanks in advance.

16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The blade blanks were meant to be a single use item. That is how the blades came when purchased. So yes you can use the blade blank from any repeating razor model.

I just hand load my blades now.

17. StuB

StuB New Member

Thanks.
    Anyone with a spare bank?