"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Well since no marking then I suspect it Pewter. I'd be shocked and doubt if it Sterling.

brit likes this.
  2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Here's one I can't find anything on (G-2 Crimson handle) and have not seen another in all my travels. It was advertised as "Crimson" and I was skeptical and figured it would arrive as Black - but not so. Nothing special just have not run across this color (yet) but I'm sure they made a batch or two for what ever reason. IMG_9111.JPG

3. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That is 1953 - 54 Type G* or if you go by my designations a 4th variant as long as the spring says Eversharp Schick and your razor if that is the case is proof they still made them in different color handles after 1952. That handle most likely was a dark blue like razor handles in the Schick 66 sets. That razor wouldn't have been in the Schick 66 since they stopped producing those sets after 1951. It would have came in the standard red case all the Type G razors were sold in by 1953 except for special Christmas sets.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-type-g-injectors-for-dummies.63550/

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Edison Carter and brit like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that razor with us, I have never seem one and so Schick was tinkering with adjustable cartridges for the that neat looking razor.

brit likes this.
  6. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Added a few more Schick injectors to the collection...
    [​IMG]
    Boxed E1 set with instructions

[​IMG]
    Three N2's with factory dummy blades still installed plus some full blade dispensers
    Edit: actually two N2 & one N1

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Mike..

Aztecmike likes this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Gary.

brit likes this.
  9. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Your welcome. I was not aware that they had an adjustable cart either. Kinda forward thinking for the time but I guess we can assume that it was a marketing failure?

Ron R and brit like this.
  10. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I was just referring to the color of the handle. Here is a side by side of my "66" and the G Crimson. The "66" appears to have has a lower/flatter profile rivet and different style non-square smaller collar. What's your call on the different style collar? Was it a mfg change to the square collar.
    IMG_9150.JPG IMG_5211.JPG

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    Edison Carter and brit like this.
  11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Nice E-1!

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yep the ferrule is what you can use to establish a date range the razor was produced. Any Type G with a squared like ferrule is 1946 - 1952 and rounded like ferrule is 1953 - 1957. There is one exception but the razor is easy to identify and this the solid metal gold plated handle Type G produced for Christmas of 1946 and 1947. You can also break down the individual razors a bit more by the spring marking i.e. the ones in 1946/47 still say Schick Injector and the ones from 47 - 57 say Eversharp Schick. Then you can go by the handle styles i.e. smooth regardless of the color are 1946 - 1954 and ribbed 1954 - 1957. If you go by sets then chrome plated Schick 66 is 48 - 51.

13. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you! That G2 crimson handled of yours is very cool btw. :happy088:

brit likes this.
  14. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

[​IMG]
    March 9th, 2020

I2 - Eversharp Hydro-magic
    Rite-Aid Platinum Chrome blade (6)
    Klenzo B1056 Nylon brush
    Palmolive Classic Shave Cream
    Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla A/S

15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I was considering bidding on those Type N razors when that auction came up but decided against it. Glad to see they went to someone here who is a Schick aficionado.

Edison Carter, brit and Aztecmike like this.
  16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you. :)

brit likes this.
  17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

They work great with a Schick Twin blade and I only need 1 to shave with. I have an N1 which is the one on the right in your top photo and would only consider trading up for the N3 with the grippier handle.

brit and Aztecmike like this.
  18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

I agree with you on the twin blades as I already had another N1 like in the photo...it was the other two razors I couldn't resist. The white handle & the black chrome were not color combinations I had seen before so my weakness for Schicks won out. ;)

brit likes this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Last week, I used my new Schick Stick.
    sod200304.JPG

This wee, I am using my Schick L1. That is the razor I took into the Army back in the 60s. Having some great shaves.
    sod200311.JPG

20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The other ones are referred to as a Type N2 because of the handle style. I've never seen the white handle variant before either but it wasn't something I had to have. The N1 razors I know were made from 1984 up until at least 1990 and the N2 sometime afterwards but most likely not beyond 1993 when the N3 razors show up.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-type-n-injectors-for-dummies.63734/

Aztecmike and Edison Carter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.