Your Briefcase

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Gilligan and Walter, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

Just wondering what your " go to" briefcase/ messenger bag is.

I did try a Saddleback once but found it much too heavy so I sold it.

I'm currently torn between using my Muholland and Blue Claw Company briefcases. I don't carry much to the university - just my 11" MacBook Air, a small Levenger Circa binder, a few folders, markers, etc. I stopped carrying heavy textbooks to teach as I simply access them online.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I've had the same Eddie Bauer soft briefcase for nearly 20 years. It's leather and nylon. It looks a good as it did new but I'd starting to break down inside. I'll try to find a picture

3. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

Your EB has served you well.

4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

It is so old I can't find any stock photos of it. I left it at my office yesterday or I would take a photo of it now.

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I use the same bag that is in my avatar :)
    See a post about it here

For about $25 shipped it has served me well as a daily bag for over 6 months now. Little to no wear/tear.

[​IMG]

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Bag is roughly 14x8x3 View attachment 58378

I carry iPad Air...phone, pens, documents, etc.

Oddly, a bag I commissioned recently is in the running to replace this Tumi.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  7. Bama Samurai

What are the rough dimensions of the bag you carry?

My in-progress bag from same thread

I am really excited/intrigued by the upcoming bag.

youngunn likes this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Dimensions:
    [​IMG]

• Size:37 cm(14.5")x28 cm(11")x12 cm(4.7")
    • Weight:0.95 kg

Dzia Dzia and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Primarily for carrying optics? Or is it a briefcase too? Amazing price.

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

It often holds my iPad, a small expandable umbrella, a 20oz Klean Kanteen insulated bottle, some batteries, often a camera, cell phone, etc

It's not a true camera bag as it doesn't have extra padding. You could put an insert into it though but I use it as a general every day bag

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

I use mine for that kinda stuff...originally acquired a bag because I ran out of pockets.

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Same - for the longest time I tried to make do using cargo pants with extra, deep pockets :D

13. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

wristwatchb and Darkbulb like this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That looks SO good!

youngunn likes this.
  15. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Thanks !

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Yup. I was walking in Manhattan while visiting my son...too much stuff in my pockets...I looked around the street scene outside my hotel (I was a block from the UN) and realized that 90% of the men walking around were wearing a bag. I literally walked into the Tumi store in the ground floor of the hotel...told the man I needed a bag...walked out 90 seconds later...problem solved.

Darkbulb likes this.
  17. Bama Samurai

That's my first glimpse of this stage. Wow. It's really taking shape...:happy088:

He added the Samurai kanji in green per request...I love it! All other details are all Tim. He's maxing this out like a boss!

wristwatchb and youngunn like this.
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I've carried a Lands' End Square Rigger leather-trimmed canvas bag since the early 90s. It has enough room for my daily gear plus a change of clothes. It still looks great, and it's loaded with stuff right now for the weekend. I don't think it will ever wear out - not bad for $100!

My Bride gave me a Saddleback Leather large thin briefcase for Christmas. It is a bit heavy and stiff, but it is already beginning to soften up. I keep things for a long time, so I expect this bag to eventually look and feel really good.

pvtbanks likes this.
  19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I bought a $25 canvas murse on eBay for my ipad and a couple of other "daily carry" type tools. S'alright.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

My wife got me one from Wilson's Leather when I started teaching 13 years ago. It's still going strong, but for the strap. I'm starting to look for a new one or maybe I'll take it to a shoe repair shop.

Bama Samurai likes this.