2019 Travelling Box Tour Round Three

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

Sounds like you might be interested Paul? It's a $20 flat fee to play. That's the cost of shipping to the next Participant. You don't have to take anything out, or put anything in. If you do want to try a soap, aftershave, razor or brush you'd have a week to play with the gear. Let us know if the idea piques your curiosity.

MR41, kjbarth and twhite like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Come join the party for round four .... you never know what might be in the box for you. We do take request. :)

:eatdrink013:

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Where do I send the $20?

RyX, kjbarth and Enrico like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

There is no entrance fee.

1) You sign up to be in the "2019 Traveling Box Round Four"
    2) The previous participant sent you the box.
    3) You take / give / use contents of said box.
    4) You send the box to the next participant on the list.

The $20 is the cost of the flat rate shipping.

Easy peasy. :D

MR41, brit, RyX and 2 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Yup, the post office gets their slice for making The Box move around. Since Jeff @stingraysrock started the box after the last person is done it goes back to him. There is a possibility the entire contents may have changed so he might finish with different gear than he started with. The whole Give & Take is like trading baseball cards with other kids on the playground, we just went big and nationwide! Because many of us have a fair pile of gear we bought but don't use it's easy for us to contribute. For others with less gear they are encouraged to take more than they give. It makes more room in The Box for the next big giver to share. Think of it as a Serial PIF.

Joewa, kjbarth, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  6. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Translation need to get the stuff out the house before our spouse discovers it..

kjbarth, brit, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not a problem for Paul or I. We're both single. We also both use Pinaud Clubman. Humm. I may have to reevaluate that post shave product. Paul said it's responsible for his "Supermarket Social Encounter" HERE. Not sure if I'm using too much or not enough.

8. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Ok, so I’m getting to putting the box back together and preparing to ship to Rick @RyX. I don’t think I’ve had it too long but was real busy during the week and was not very communicative so I apologize for that. I have Rick’s address and I plan to drop the box at USPS this afternoon. Rick, i will provide you the tracking number.

So, here are my takes:
    1. A Schick razor. I don’t have one and honestly don’t know anything about them in general. I was hopeful one would be in the box so I can try it. Now all I need is an injector with blades I guess.....
    2. TNNSER 3D w/blades. I have one, love it, this one is going to my son.
    3. GEM razor in case. Don’t know much about these either but want to try.
    4. Derby soap. Want to try
    5. Chiseled Face Santa Paula. Will save for next spring/summer when orange/citrus scent will be nice.

[​IMG]

Now for my gives:
    1. 2x World of shaving DVD’s - new
    2. Clubman shave cream - new/unused
    3. Clubman shave soap - new/unused
    4. Simpsons shave cream - unused
    5. Simpsons pre-shave oil - unused
    6. Zartgefuhl Ziegenbart shave soap - used once
    7. Furbo Blu shave soap - new/unused/unopened
    8. 2x Williams shave soap - unused
    9. PAA razor - Kirby Beard clone (sorry, I don’t know model name/#). I bought this new but never used it.

[​IMG]

If I need to take something else or not put one of my gives in due to lack of room in the box, I’ll let everyone know.

- Ken
    [​IMG]

MR41, RyX and twhite like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Cool takes & gives! I'm curious about the PAA DE, Blu and German soaps, and a number of items still in The Box!

kjbarth likes this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

kjbarth and RyX like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Still thinking about it. Perhaps you can answer 2 questions for me-1)-I understand about the $20 to enter, but do I just pay that for the shipping cost to wherever I send it?
    2)-Not clear about the rule about trying a product we like for just a week. Oh, now I see my problems are dealt with in above posts.

12. Paul Turner

I had Clubman Original A.S. for the "SSE", not the Classic Barber Shave, but....I suppose the latter may have worked, too. Or both together :).

13. Paul Turner

And then after the week is over, I put it/them back in or keep it/them?

14. Paul Turner

The jig is up-yes, I'm single. (Or did I post that fact earlier?).

RyX likes this.
  15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

The $20 is to ship to the next person. It’s a flat fee at USPS.
    You can keep what you want, add what you want and try what you want and then put it back if you don’t want to keep it. Each person gets 7 days with the box.
    The contents have been top notch in every round.

RyX, kjbarth and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Paul Turner

I'll let you know if this interests me. Fact is, when I wrote my post about likening the box to a mini Pasteur's Pharmacy, I hadn't really thought about joining in, but now that know a little more of how it works, it helps me.

kjbarth, RyX and MR41 like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

All joking aside - This is a Gentleman's version of boys trading baseball card on the school yard. Since we live all over the continental U.S. it cost $19.95 to ship the large United States Postal System Priority Box. Doesn't matter if it's full of feathers or rocks. We've been using the same box from the first round. It's getting thick with tape. The inside has a plywood liner to reduce damage to the gear.
    Part of the rules you agree to is you have possession of The Box for a week. You can clean up a razor or brush and give it a test shave. There's some blades in there, too. Open a new 5 blade tuck and try one! With the soaps, they may be used so it's acceptable to scoop, scrape, or spoon out enough for a lather. Either the same soap all week, or try each one. Even take a sample of all the products so you can try them after the box is shipped to the next person. Same goes for aftershaves, balms, colognes, etc. The other items like pocket knives are there if you want one, or even all of them.
    After the week is over, you choose what you'd like to keep. That easy. Since we are operating on a Gentleman's Agreement, you should contribute to The Box a similar value of items or products that you keep. No one is really keeping score, though we do take before and after photos to share with other participants. I know you have photo posting issues, so a text list of your takes and gives would be fine. Much of the gear in the box is stuff we have bought, tried, didn't like, but think others will enjoy. During our conversations, we've mentioned if we are looking for particular items or if there is something in the box we'd like to try - that others save us a sample of that item.

We're in this like a big PIF of shifting prizes and everyone wins. One note of caution - in the past The Box was stolen by an unscrupulous Member. He received it and quit posting on TSD. Just disappeared never to be seen again. Since you are a long time Member in good standing you are welcome to join in because we trust you. If you have questions, ask away!

18. Paul Turner

I appreciate the help and kindness. Will probably have more questions along the way.

kjbarth likes this.
  19. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Did I hear something about round four?

RyX, kjbarth and Enrico like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'm sure more talk will come up in three or four weeks. :happy088:

RyX and kjbarth like this.