2nd Annual 30DC Shavey Awards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BaylorGator, Apr 28, 2018.

1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

It has begun...

2. BaylorGator

Our first award of the year...

Please return that foul ball to the concession stand for a free Coke. (Or alternatively claim your award from the SHAVEY PRIZE THREAD).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  3. BaylorGator

Another free Coke. Wait we’re out of Coke. I guess the winner will have to accept another Shavey award.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

9nein9 and BaylorGator like this.
  5. BaylorGator

By the way, my wife has expressed concerns that the 30DC may think MacKenzie has Tourette’s Syndrome. Nothing could be further from the truth. I gave her my best Sargent Schultz “Nein” impression and she added a bit of dramatic flair to it. As you might expect, in our household it’s “go big or go home!”

6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I just thought she has a great sense of humour.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Linuxguile, RyX, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

@9nein9 has raised the bar, and set an entirely new standard to meet. I am honored to have lost to him.

9. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks guys . I'm honored and humbled to have been chosen. Wow ! I better get started on my acceptance speech.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
  10. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I love her enthusiasm with the way she says nein. Its like she really means it!

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What a nice congrats speech.

Linuxguile, Edison Carter and 9nein9 like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Prize threw you off, huh? :).

Keithmax, Edison Carter and 9nein9 like this.
  13. Paul Turner

: Here MacKenzie, this is for you:
    one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, NEIN, ten. :).

14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Where do I begin? I hate long winded speeches so I'll keep this short.
    I'd first off like to Thank Randy for his generosity and donations for these awards . Mackenzie for her great enthusiasm, much similiar to my own enthusiasm when i was creating wofd(weapons of face destruction ). Katy for her awesome camera work!
    My wonderful better half and my daughter ( for understanding the importance destroying cutlery and converting the kitchen table into a workbench) and for nodding in agreement that yes, its a great idea ! And also for not telling me to shut up everytime i change the topic to shaving. I appreciate that.
    The awesome staff at Triple 9 engineering for not declaring mutiny and working long hours as i shouted " nein nein nein" when they asked for lunch and bathroom breaks .
    Hey you in the 3rd row wake up I'm not done yet!
    Thanks to all the other nominees , the selecting committee , all members of the 30DC, to all those who inspired me to even do such a crazy thing to start with( blade on a bolt, blade on a twig , pocket knife, blade on whatever....you guys know who you are ), those who cheered me on along the way, those who thought i was insane , to my friends who listen to me rant about shaving and the details i go into about razors , blades , brushes , soaps , aftershave etc. I'd also like to thank whomever came up with the idea of scrapping hair from the face , I wouldnt be here without you and I would probably still be single and a hipster . I'd like to Thank Keurig for making a coffee machine that never let me down when i needed another cup of fresh coffee when things were going bad .( almost took parts off it to make a razor but decided not to).
    And lastly , to anyone I may have forgot to mention. Who ever thought joining a shave forum would be this much fun? Thank you again!

Keithmax, RyX, jtspartan and 6 others like this.
  15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Yes . But sadly there were no cans of Coke left. And I don't drink Pepsi.

Drygulch, Keithmax, RyX and 3 others like this.
  16. BaylorGator

Well the Stirling Fruity Frankensoap and Vanilla Sandalwood soaps and The Gillette Travel Tech are on their way to Canada. Onward and upward - however MacKenzie has come down with a cold, so we may have a short intermission in the ceremonies. Hang tight!

17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I hope she gets over it soon. The show cant go on without her . Cant wait to try your soap creation Randy! I'm sure it will smell pleasant and the girls here will approve. I have a long handle Tech and find it a nice shave . This travel kit will be a great addition to my growing arsenal of grooming tools.

18. BaylorGator

By the way I’m looking for input on the best photo category since there are so many good ones. Everyone PM me with your favorite so I can narrow things down!

19. BaylorGator

Well despite a sick co-host and a camera person who may make you a bit seasick, the show must go on...

Drygulch, RyX, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I’m bummed I missed this. Missed you crazies.

Drygulch, RyX, jtspartan and 4 others like this.