A Question about Links

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by Sara-s, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have see some posts where a couple of words (e.g. "Click here") served as a link. How do you do that?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Copy the URL from the page you want to link to. In you TSD post, highlight the word(s) you want to use for the link, click on the little chain link icon in the TSD tool bar. Past your copied link and click the appropriate button (forget exactly what that is right now). That should do it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Queen of Blades and GDCarrington like this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

@Sara-s

I'd've thought a staff member would be mod enough to know all about Linc. ;):D

upload_2014-12-5_8-41-35.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    Radiotube and GDCarrington like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

FLASHBACK!

GDCarrington and richgem like this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Under 'BB Codes'; about 1/2 way down…
    Links the wrapped text to the specified web page or email address.

[*URL= www.the address of your destination.com] Type the text you want to display here [*/URL]
    (ignore the asterisks in the above text. They were inserted there to allow the code to display. Asterisks not required)

Example: I typed the above URL code in brackets with the TSD BB code address inserted; I typed 'click here' where the blue text is above, added the closing url bracket; Text typed outside the URL brackets will be black, no hyperlink; resulting in this:

Click Here! to see the code page.

Hop this helps explain it. Probably easier than I made it sound...:ashamed001:

Bama Samurai and GDCarrington like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That explains it. Thanks.

8. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Since the discussion about the rule that prohibits linking to live auctions is now closed I'll ask it here. I have looked through these RULES and have not seen anything that prohibits the practice. I would like some clarification because I told a new member that it was against the rules to link to a live auction, which I thought it was, and was promptly corrected that it wasn't against any rules other than the one in the Marketplace.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The only place you are allowed to advertise an item for sale/trade/want/freebie is in the Marketplace.
    So advertising an active auction from eBay in the general forum, or any other forum would be against the forums rules. advertising is only done in the Marketplace

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Very helpful. I had been unable to make this work. Thanks Kevin.

Sara-s and HolyRollah like this.