Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

July 23, 2019
    Supply Co V2 with 2 dot plate
    Personna
    Zenith B25 Olive Wood Boar
    Oleo Shiloh
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

MPF9, Boru62, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 23rd July

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    Ever Ready 1912- Bathroom Set
    Gem S/S [ 6 ]
    Alcolado Glacial A/S Splash

After the modern AC/SE rotation going back to Vintage. I do get excellent Shaves from the modern Razors, but there is something quite special about getting a good Shave with the likes of this 1912. Perhaps I should have changed the blade as the finish around the neck is not as good as it could be.

IMG_0591.jpg

Frijolero, brit, Boru62 and 7 others like this.
  3. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Nice gear Clint. I really like your brush.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Frijolero, brit and clint64 like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    The Brush by Tom
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Adjustable
    CWR
    Tabac AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Tabac Shaving Soap face lathered well with The Brush by Tom. I did two passes with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Adjustable razor band and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Frijolero, brit, Boru62 and 7 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Clayton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick adjustable M 2 with (S)chick blade, shave 2.
    m2_32.jpg

This time I set it to 3/4 way open which rounds up to 32 clicks on the adjuster dial as pictured. Much smoother shave which I am going with this Schick blades are just plain old harsh for a shave or 2 until you break them in most like due to them being coated, same issue as with Gem ptfe coated blades. Still pretty mild but much closer, The I 2 which I am using as a comparative here still gets me a closer shave than on this setting but it is a more aggressive shave than the M 2 set here. The M 2 did do a better job though than the I 2 on shaves 12 and 13.

Tomorrow I am going to open this razor all the way up then the 4th shave will be back at the halfway setting (21 clicks on the dial) to see if the shave is less harsh than shave 1 before the blade was broken in at this setting.

Frijolero, Jayaruh, brit and 5 others like this.
  7. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

E-R 1912 USA
    Gem PTFE

IMG_20190723_175202.jpg
    A wonderfully refreshing shave.
    Happy Shaving one and all.

clint64, Frijolero, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 24th July.

The Grosvenor [ 404 ] -mixed
    Williams Mug Soap
    ER 1924 + Windrose Handle
    Gem S/S [ 1 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Bit of a Williams Day.
    One thing I learnt from yesterdays Shave, why push a Gem blade past 6 outings - change at 5 maybe better as they are quite cheap anyway. The 1924 is one of my favourites as when fitted with a non stock handle really shaves well. Today even with a fresh blade the Shave went smoothly and comfortably, with an excellent close all round finish being delivered.

IMG_0592.jpg

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    The Brush by Tom
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Adjustable
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face lathered well with The Brush by Tom. I did two passes with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Adjustable razor band and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

clint64, chevyguy, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  10. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Pre: Cold water splash
    Brush: Semogue 1470 Boar
    Soap: The Sudsy Soapery Uplift
    Razor: E-R 1912 UK
    Blade: Gem PTFE

IMG_20190724_154144.jpg
    This is my favourite citrus soap if you like the smell of sherbet lemons and a great performing soap, I highly recommend it.

11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick adjustable M 2 with (S)chick blade, shave 3.
    m2_42.jpg

This time I opened it all the way up as shown in the picture. For a mild shave this was super efficient, no irritation or cuts, best shave yet and it outperformed the I 2 on this setting. Now the question is were the first 2 shaves harsher due to the blade being broken in or does this razor become milder and more efficient as you open up the gap on it.

Next shave will be the same setting as the first shave to test this and maybe shave 5 set at 32 clicks on the dial to verify also then all remaining shaves on this blade will be at this setting.

clint64, Frijolero, Boru62 and 5 others like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 25th July
    There is a first for Everything. Lovely lather, only problem is the that I changed blades and obviously I did not get it fixed properly . First Strokes felt harsh resultant in 3 long scratches/ with copious blood.This one does bite if Operator gets it wrong.

IMG_0593.jpg

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    TOST Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Morning TOST Shaving Soap
    The Brush by Tom
    Gillette Techmatic
    Techmatic Adjustable
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Morning TOST Shaving Soap face lathered well with The Brush by Tom. I did two passes with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Adjustable razor band and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

clint64, Frijolero, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  14. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

E-R 1912 Sun Ray
    Gem PTFE

IMG_20190725_152021.jpg
    A fuss-free, no frills, belter of a shave.

clint64, Frijolero, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  15. RFBNEW

RFBNEW Well-Known Member

Schick O type with Schick Proline.
    First time with proline and I prefer it to Schick China. Easy BBS

20190726_011011.jpg

clint64, Frijolero, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Enders, (s)chick injector blade w/enders shim, shave 1.
    enders.jpg enders1.jpg

I decided to break formation from the Schick M 2 and try out this combo after seeing @Jayaruh idea about how to turn an enders blade into a shim here.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/blade-carrier-for-enders-speed-shaver.62413/

Blade exposure should be about the same as if using an enders blade. Mild is an understatement for this setup like this. This razor just plain old sucks, even a Gillette 3pc tech with a dulled blade shaves better. Not only that this is the only razor I've used that clogs up with shave soap very easily. There is a possibility I need to trim back the shim some more since it might be interfering with the underside of the blade cutting but that doesn't address it clogging up so easily. I won't write this razor off just yet until I trim that back and maybe try it with the shim upside down so I can manually adjust the exposure and such.

I am getting the idea that this was called a speed shaver not because it was intuitive or innovative but because it is so damn mild the way it is designed to work with enders blades that you can whip it around the face with reckless abandon.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    clint64, Frijolero, Droo78 and 4 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

very cool Kevin..what part of england are you from?

clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  18. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Cheers Gary.
    I'm Northern Irish but live in the Midlands.
    Are you originally from the UK?

clint64 and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

east midlands ,melton mowbray.leicestershire .last there in 1980..

clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Just love the Pies:)

clint64, brit and Boru62 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.