New line of stainless steel brush handles coming soon

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Darkbulb, Aug 9, 2015.

1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

a barber style would sell easily. Count me in for a couple

Darkbulb likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Vincent may correct me here if I'm wrong but if I understand it correctly he can actually get the finished stainless steel handles down to about 70 grams in weight! :)

3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Welcome to the Shave Den. Make sure to show us some picture of the Aluminum Handles when you can. :)

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

If you check out Vincent's instagram feed you can see a video posted recently with an Aluminum handle being made: https://instagram.com/duvivier7/

Looks pretty sweet, Very clean lines/design.

Boojum1 likes this.
  5. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

These are very intriguing! How does one go about purchasing one?

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thought some of you might be interested in seeing a brand-spanking-fresh prototype of the 400 homage handle that will be machined in aluminum.

[​IMG]

On a sidenote I believe the first batch of his own designed $35 stainless steel handles goes on sale, first-come-first serve, on his Instagram page tonight - but don't hold me to it as he indicated he's busy this week. Check it out of you're interested and/or message him through Instagram for now. Great guy and best of luck to him.
    I love my "Wolfman"-handle and even James liked it. :)

Update: Seems there are now four handles for sale: https://instagram.com/duvivier7/

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Omaney and barbersurgeon like this.
  7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Does he have an email address?

8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

PM sent

Btw: I should have clarified that the 400 handle in the photo is the plastic prototype he knocked out. He's still looking at buying the aluminum blocks and coming up with a firm pricing on the 400 homage handles.

PLANofMAN, Colonel_K and Boojum1 like this.
  9. Colonel_K

Colonel_K Well-Known Member

I wonder if he is going to sell the plastic prototype?

I'd buy it.

10. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

With so many plastic, nylon and Delrin (hint!) options there is reason to go with a metal product.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  11. WHShowers

WHShowers New Member

there you are, the man with the goods...

i started a new thread after drooling into my keyboard while i read the first page of this thread, and was immediately bounced back to this thread, so here i am!

i am VERY interested in one of these stainless handles; i want to fit it with a proraso boar knot. i dont know what size the knot is on a proraso brush... i keep getting differing information. somewhere between 27 mm and 28 mm. i would really like the handle heavy; about 4 oz - 4.5 oz would be great.

can you possibly show me a decent representation of the variety of shapes that you have made so far? im not quite sure about what shape i would like, save for the fact that i need it wider at the base so that it will easily stand up and not fall over when ive got a lather built on it.

12. Colonel_K

Colonel_K Well-Known Member

Completely agree.
    But...
    A few days ago I dropped my SOC boar into the sink. No damage done.

It might have been different story if it had been a metal brush.
    The wife would not have been pleased.

It's stressful enough shaving with a heavy weight like the Mongoose.

13. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Dang these things are freaking gorgeous....time to work some more overtime to pay for it!

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

mrchick likes this.
  16. mrchick

Me too!

Darkbulb likes this.
  17. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

They look great! When and where are you going to sell these handles? Also can you tell us the sizes, of rue handles? Thanks in advance! :eatdrink047:

18. Duvivier7

Duvivier7 Member

The 4 of the same design are sold, but I will be making more designs soon. This model seemed fairly popular so I will very likely be making variations on it, keeping certain qualities and fine tuning other. To answer @WHShowers question, these 4 were prebored to accommodate a 24mm knot, but depending on the shape, I can leave them blank to accommodate close to any size knot. The weight on these(after some scale issues at work) were 160 grams which is fairly close to what you're interrested in. Personally, I find this weight very comfortable for me. I can also widen the base and make a bigger flat on future models. I just have to try to find a line between making aspects bigger which add more material, hence weight and being able to hollow them out sufficiently depending on the shape. I will continue to sell them once i make new madels through PayPal and very soon our Etsy account. Custom ones possible as well. I hope this answers a few questions. Thank you all for the feedback!

Darkbulb and mrchick like this.
  19. mrchick

I look forward to your Etsy store. Good luck!

20. Duvivier7

Duvivier7 Member

Thank you very much! There will be shaving brush handles of course, but other items we will be making as well. My friend has also been making various stainless steel inkwell style razor holders also. I will keep eveyone posted.

Dzia Dzia, PLANofMAN and mrchick like this.