RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat April 11th 2020

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- MFG 2018> milder side on a mid range razor & well built.
    Blade : Voskhod DE (3) good blade for this razor it seems.
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- thirsty good soap with a unique scent.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm - excellent brush I have used for the last 3 years.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + Nivea Men balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave today with my GC.84.

SOTD, Sat April 11th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

2. Campion

Campion Active Member

With a couple exceptions I've been using Williams & either Aqua Velva or cheap bay rum daily since mid February for Lent. But tomorrow is Easter, and even though my church is closed I'm still going to break out the RR Santa Maria del Fiore soap and after shave. It is an excellent soap.

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Wed April 15th 2020

Razor :Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model 17 nib safety bar)- Mfg 1945, Excellent razor to use.
    Blade: Personna Gem SS PTFE (5) great blade in every way IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- if you like citrus scent good chance you would enjoy this one, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 plissoft 24mm - very good brush that I have been using for the last 3 years.
    Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area only.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor(Creed Aventus RR version) with witch hazel + Nivea Men balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Great shave this morning.

SOTD, Wed April 15 th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Latherin’ Luddite and brit like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Friday April 17th 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant -MFG 2017> takes some skill with a light touch to get good results!
    Blade : Voskhod (6) seems to work excellent with the Wunderbar.
    Soap: Tabac- I like this soap but others seem to shy from the scent. [​IMG]
    Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle- one of my favorites!
    Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + clean up.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea Men balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]great shave and hit my sweet spot target!

SOTD, April 17th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

5. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Ron.have a great weekend..:)

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat April 18th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core Version #2> Mfg 2018> excellent daily driver IMO.
    Blade: Gem SS PTFE modified (4) good match with this razor.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Country side.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers 26mm- great brush!
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Pinaud clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Men balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] great shave this morning.

SOTD, April 18th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Once a week at least I like to get one of my Schick injector razors out of the racks for this tradition and today is no different than with my Schick Adjustable injector model 3(M3). This razor is a marvel to shave with and results are stellar like usual.

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- MFG 1970-72 -Great razor to zero in on your type of shave- setting 3!
    Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (9) great blade, very sharp and keeps a edge while sitting idle over time IMO.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- I just enjoy using this soap because it has great lather qualities and scent.
    Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic.Great brush I have used for the last 3 years.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post : Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea men balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 small blemish weeper = [​IMG] excellent very close shave, it does not get better for myself.

Sunday shave, April 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Wed April 22 2020- Always like the look of this manly robust razor and it can deliver great shaves with proper technique like any razor. It will bite at times if you get to care free.

Razor: Everready Streamline, 2nd Generation -MFG Great Britain 1949-53 One of the more aggressive A.S.R razors IMO.
    Blade: GEM Personna SS PTFE (7) great all around blade.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Foire"Firenze" - great soap scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26 mm- very enjoyable brush to use.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
    Post shave: AVON "True gent" cologne with witch Hazel + a dollop of Avon True Gent balm,- I like the balm & shower soap scent.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + minimal irritation + 2 tiny blemish weepers = [​IMG] great shave this morning!

SOTD, Wed April 22 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Latherin’ Luddite and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Ron..good afternoon..

Ron R likes this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hello Gary, oh I saw some streamline razors some folks were using and I had to get my Everready streamline out to join in!

brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

definitely a nice looking razor..:)..

Ron R likes this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD,Thur April 23 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core Version 2 -MFG 2018> #1 daily driver with excellent results.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (5) excellent blade with this razor.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore "Firenze"- love the scent and excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft synthetic- great brush I have used for the last 3 1/2 years.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea men balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave today and beyond my sweet spot target!

SOTD, Thur April 23 rd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

13. brit

brit in a box

fine razorock shave and pic Ron,have a great day..

Ron R likes this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary.

brit likes this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MicroMaticMonday or GEMonday today, April 27th 2020- Well I thought I would do some experimenting today with the Gem Featherweight Gen#1 head VS Gen #2 head and I have both heads other than the handles and that is basically the difference.(It's not a perfect shaving world in my Den) All I did was WTG 1st pass followed by ATG 2nd pass on the left side with Generation #1 the original Featherweight in all it's glory(toughest beard side under the jaw line for me also)with no touch ups to see how best to accurately gauge the shave. And on the right side I went with Generation #2 head(Gem G-Bar) with same procedure. WTG 1st pass and 2nd pass ATG to see if there is a difference. If you go to a 3 pass shave it is hard to mark a lot of differences because all I'm using is feel of my hand. And the winner for the closest 2 pass shave goes to Generation #1 head for the best performance with a new Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) that was placed in the Gen #2 head after first side completed. Cheeks were very similar in closeness on both sides but under the jaw lines Gen #1 (Featherweight Gen#1 was noticeably better for closeness).
    Looks like a different MMMonday today with a 2 razor shave which is a rarity for myself but also had a little fun also. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/micromatic-monday.63258/
    Razor: Gem Featherweight Gen #1 -MFG 1950-53
    Razor : Gem G-Bar with Gen #2 head that was also on the Featherweight later models from 1953-55/G-bar MFG 1955-58.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) great all around blade.
    Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" great scent with good lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- great bush that I have used a lot over the last 3 1/2 yrs.
    Preshave: Showered- washed the face with regular hand bar soap.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2.
    Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Men balm.
    Result :Gem Featherweight Gen#1 head)CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 tiny weeper= [​IMG] good shave for a 2 pass shave.
    Results:Gem G-Bar with Gen #2 head) CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 tiny weepers = [​IMG] reasonable shave for only a 2 pass- I need a 3 pass with a G-bar for it to shine IMO.

MMMonday Featherweight GEN1 VS GEN2 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

brit likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

new deluxe criterion
    gsb
    bbj custom
    santa maria del fiore
    awesome.. 20200501_131939_edited.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Great shave Gear Gary, Great Soap and I have not tried Santa Maria del Fiore Aftershave.

brit likes this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat, May2nd 2020

Razor: Gillette NEW long comb Canadian variant- Mfg in the 1930's - very nice upper mid range razor for those who are interested.
    Blade : Gillette silver blue (3)- always enjoy this sharp smooth blade.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside- mild scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm with brown whiskers- very enjoyable brush to use with great results.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + followed by a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel.
    Post shave : Alum + cold water rinse after 30-60 seconds afterwards when applied.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea men balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated minor irritation + 1 weeper = [​IMG] I always get a close shave with this Gillette long comb.

SOTD, Sat May 2nd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Ron.has the same awesome scent as the soap..very subtle..love it.

Ron R likes this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Ron,love the canadian long comb..good morning..

Ron R likes this.