September 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 1, 2018.

?

Single Edge Plans?

1. Gems baby! 1912, 1914, Lather Catcher

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Some more Gems baby! OCMM, Clog Pruf, you know.....the Micromatics.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Schick Injectors baby! Click 'em and stick 'em to your face for that close shave.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Shavettes baby! Because I'm a boss like that!

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Dark Side baby! Straights. The original single edge.

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  6. Gonna eat cookies until my ears bleed. Mmmmmm.....cookies.

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  7. Nope. Not playing with the SE's. I'm cool enough I'll stick with DE!

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Buzz off Mr. Poll Man. I don't have time for your foolishness.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Razor: Ever Ready 1912
    Blade: GEM Stainless (1st use)
    Brush: Bluebeard Doubloon
    Soap: Palmolive Stick
    Post Shave: Arko

[​IMG]

Another shave with the 1912... A better shave this time, my skin doesn't feel molested as a bloomed puck of Williams. The shave feels smooth on the cheeks, chin and jaw. I did however pick up a few TINY weepers (3 maybe), but I put this down to the first use of the blade as it did feel harsh. I came away with a good shave but quite a bit of irritation on my neck. I am certain this is due to the irritation I caused yesterday as I was extremely careful today. I think I'll be busting out my MMOC for the next few shaves... I just seemed to enjoy it more!

Oh, the Palmolive... What a delightful soap. Rubbed the stick on the bristles, face-lathered, added water til I got what I wanted. The glide was epic and the residual slickness was astounding when I rinsed after the first pass. I think I'll stick with this for a few shaves too!

Enjoy your shaves gents!

2. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Leg-end

3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much Andrew.

clint64, PLAla, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you Amigo.

clint64, PLAla, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

mrchick, jtspartan, RyX and 4 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Glad today went better for you. I agree on going back to what works for you.

jtface, RyX, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Charlie, he was great. I hope my Doc continues the wonderful tradition of pet therapy when he feels ready to make his decision.

8. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

+1 Happy birthday gentlemen!

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thanks! and no, she hasn’t...

10. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers,warm up for OCtober 20180923_120045.jpg as i sold my e types and eveready razor i want to use my oc razors a little more.this brit new rfb is my favorite oc to date. mismatched a little yes, am i bothered , no. barber style brush...
    the jeeves barbershop soap and splash is fantastic, and gave the shave an old worldly feel.. nice way to start a day off..have a great day ,gary

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    No clue. I am only familiar with this and the Rive Gauche our homie
    Thanks Clint.
    Why bother. We're all that matters. (and sometimes I wonder about you...) :happy097:

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Somehow I knew the moment I posted a terse message John would call me on it.

jtface, jtspartan, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you, Randy!

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

SEptember Focus on Tuesday

Tabac shave soap
    The King badger brush
    Schick Type J-1 razor
    B&S post shave Tonic
    SOTD 09252018.gif After a very informative discussion with my daughter, I now know where the options are for the new phone camera. Maybe this will be my last blurry photo! Still working on technique with the humongous badger brush. Gave the puck a little dribble of water prior to loading with a well shook out brush. I've been attempting to face lather with less than desired results. Knowing what it should look like I added more dribbles of water at the handle end of the knot when the lather seemed pasty. Eventually produced enough to call it good for 1st pass. The injector performed well on WTG. Lathering again, I couldn't raise any soap so I loaded more with additional water. Second pass didn't have the yogurty thick lather I can make in a bowl, but it served to give glide to the SE. I squeezed the knot to get it to release the remaining lather for my 3rd pass. Though it didn't work as I expect a boar & bowl, I can get my shave in using a badger and my face. Finished of the CCS+ with a generous dose of Bound & Shagged AS thanks to Tom @twhite.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

15. jtspartan

Hey, you can’t smell old, you are the same age as me....:scared003:
    Great imagery in your write up, Perry. The Lounge definitely fits the upscale cigar bar part, and the image of a ‘shaken, not stirred’ Tanqueray works with the Baker Street. All you need is the Stirling Gentleman to cement the image of Bond’s Aston Martin...
    Gentleman! You, sir, have arrived...:happy096:
    Great shot, Clint. Congrats on not having to fight traffic today...although a Dr’s appt is no great reason, I guess.
    To be honest, John, I don’t find a significant difference between my E3 and my G4. The recently used E2 is a touch more aggressive-feeling, but all 3 are efficient.
    Wow, great job with the straight after not touching it for a few months, Andrew!
    I didn’t know you already had a PRC Straight, Brian. That helps explain the restraint last week!
    Lets see a pic of that CH2, John! Were you able to find a taker for that beautiful Kent of yours?
    Awesome shot, Doug! What is your opinion of the F/Extra?
    Great pic, Joseph. Were you ever able to find the matching splash for that soap that you were looking for?
    That pic may be blurry, Rick, but it is really cool. I had to give my head a quick shake, I could have sworn you said you bloomed the soap a bit...

16. jtspartan

Thank you for the kind words, Gentlemen!

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

We will have none of THAT !!

Makes sense. I have a G8 that feels like my E2.

Duck next time your across the street. Bricks have been launched.

I got your carry on......

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Daylogic Brisk will make anyone have that winderful old guy smell.

Your Shavette Fu is most impressive...
    :lam:.

Edison Carter, PLAla, jtface and 5 others like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason. Everything was fine with the doctor.

PLAla, wristwatchb, Screwtape and 2 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thanks Jason. Bloom a dried out puck of very hard soap? Who ever heard of such madness? Yeah, just a little to get it started. Think of it as applying a wetter than needed brush while loading soap then hesitating for a couple minutes.

Edison Carter, clint64, PLAla and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.