Simple Man needing a Simple Shave

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Big MAC, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Bullgoose.net and razorbladesandmore.com both have good selections for starter kits. Me personally, I found my magic with Personna Lab blades. You'll have to do some experimenting on which blade works best for you.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

The Shave Den store has a good sampler pack of razor blades, and excellent (And inexpensive) soaps/creams. I haven't dealt with bullgoose personally, but ItalianBarber also has good starter kits (with brushes, soaps and preshaves, etc) for low prices as well.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

These are the best blades ---> click.

Great score on the Fatboy! Enjoy!! :happy088:

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046:

5. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den!:bounce017:

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I recommend the H.I.S. brush, available on Amazon, and Feather blades, followed closely by Astra blades, then Volkshod blades, from our own shave den store. Those are what work best for me in a fatboy. They may not be the best for you. Blades are very much a personal choice, because they are so very different for each person; that is why I too, recommend going with a blade sampler.

7. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den!

I can't recommend any blades for a Fat Boy since I don't have one. But I like the Personna meds in my Merkur 1904 and Astras in my Merkur 11C. Both are good blades. The feather is a great sharp blade too. Try several different ones to find your ideal sweet spot with that razor.

8. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Boy, another member I missed out on welcoming - what was I doing in August?? (definitely not paying attention...)

My apologies also to you, Big MAC and a belated warm welcome to the Den from my side as well!

alpla444 and PLANofMAN like this.
  9. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Hi and welcome to the shave den,

I use a 59 fatboy (I have 2 actually,) great shavers my No1 in fact. Astra blades work very well for me in most razors and £££ they are best value (in my opinion) but best to get a sampler pack just to make sure you have the best blade for YOU.

And $65 for that WOW you landed on your feet there MR bargin price I hope it serves you well. Proraso has some great products that are fairly easy to obtain and keenly priced, its just a matter of if you like the scent. Good luck with what ever you choose and again welcome to the shave den:)

10. Fishsticks87

Fishsticks87 Member