Stirling Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Ryan B, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

How cold is the Orange?

2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Glacial lemon sounds nice!

Mr. Shaverman and crackstar like this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

There's Orange Chill which I never tried, but it's not a Glacial soap. :)

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I know they really want to move back to Arkansas. I hope they found a great place there........

5. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

At least not yet.

6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Awaiting there arrival on Tuesday of the following Stirling soaps:

COOL: Made with Mentha Piperita essential oil and Eucalyptus essential oil
    I've been using the TSD M-Bomb most mornings and enjoy the menthol coolness, so why not just get a mentholated puck?
    [​IMG]
    GLACIAL OBSIDIAN: Sweet anise with a high concentration of menthol. It's basically like Black Ice on steroids! (Essential Oil & High-Menthol)
    I really enjoyed using the Black Ice soap, so I anticipate this being somewhat similar, but frostier!
    [​IMG]

7. crackstar

Kevin, I never tried the Cool, but the Glacial Obsidian is almost painfully-cold. I used it this morning and it felt like a double shot of liquid nitrogen on my face! :happy102: The scent is similar to the Black Ice because it's also black licorice-based, but there are also some differences. :)

8. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

The smell of Black Ice reminded me of opening a box of Good n' Plenty's.

9. Timelord

Timelord I get 12 times the shaves out my blades!

My father owned a pet shop for many years. The smell of cedar and alfalfa was always in the air. Our shop was right in front of the Ovaltine factory so you could also add a chocolate scent to the above. However, as much as I enjoyed that fragrance, the barber shop down the block always smelled much nicer to me. Just sayin'...

10. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

What an old post you brought up :D. I've ordered more soap from Stirling since to make sure an aspect of my previous experience with the Sandalwood wasn't a fluke. I still stand by my review regarding performance but the one thing that really bothered me was that it is very hard to wash off my face and the lather also felt slimy. The bath soap though I continue to use :happy088:

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Okay, coming from you Jeff, I'm now a bit wary about the coldness of the Glacial…..:eek::eek::eek:

12. crackstar

No, no, don't be. It's as cold as hell but still very enjoyable. The moisturizing and soothing from these soaps are fantastic.

13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

FYI-Rod & Mandy are indeed moving back home to Arkansas. They found some great land close to family. We will miss them in Texas, but I know Arkansas is where their hearts are.

Bob

crackstar likes this.
  14. crackstar

I thought they were Texans! loll

BigMark likes this.
  15. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

As did I, Well they are still down south. Is that close enough, or am I gonna rile up some of you Texans? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    FatherofSquirrel and crackstar like this.
  16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Rod is a recently retired career Army Officer. They were stationed here at Ft. Hood when he retired.

17. crackstar

One of the nicest, most knowledgeable, and HONEST vendors I ever bought from. He's pure class.

Bobcat and FatherofSquirrel like this.
  18. MoreyFan

MoreyFan New Member

My fears were unfounded. Order arrived yesterday.

Chuck F likes this.
  19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I have some samples ordered. I guess they'll get here whenever. It's not like I'm not ankle deep in shave soaps anyway.

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I just received my box of Stirling goodies today. Details in The Haul thread....:happy093:

Mr. Shaverman likes this.