Success with the neck!

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Joe Rouse, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus Staff Member

Angle and pressure. ATG is possible, but....its not easy.

1 Sharp Blade
    2 Absolute mastery of the tool
    3 Skin Stretching
    4 Skin Stretching
    5 Straight Kung fu.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Hogie, awk-m4 and Sara-s like this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Yes, jawline is a tough one for me too. Especially on the right side. I am getting better but, to get really close, I end up making too many passes and end up with razor burn! These balms I have found sure help but, I can do without the burn in the first place. Alum block calms it down too when done right after last face rinse. I am getting closer with fewer passes so, I am gaining ground here! It has taken me a couple months to remember safety razor mastery after not using one for 40 years! At least I am not nicking myself much anymore! LOL

Trigger likes this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That's a good thing!

Hogie likes this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Stick to one kit

One razor
    One blade type
    One soap
    (I suggest canned foam for variable isolation)
    One brush

The independent variable becomes skill expressed in the technique

30 days to Jedi

5. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

When I found this site, I thought I had found a site against cartridge razors and can foam......those are BOTH bad choices in my book. One rips you off while the other poisons you! Safety razors and straight razors are the real deal! My skin is in a LOT better shape now from using healthier choices for shaving creams and soaps.

Can foam????? Petrochemicals for the face.

Am I wrong? Did I step on it here? Or was this person ribbin' me like when I fist started as an aircraft mechanic....one of the pranks they pull is to tell you to go get a bucket of "Prop wash" or a few feet of "Flight Line"

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

TSD has come to live by the motto:
    It's your shave. Enjoy it your way.

Hogie and michael54 like this.
  7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I get a nice shave every time now that I have the technique down. No nicks and no burn unless I work too hard trying to get a BBS shave. I am still trying different razor/blade combos to find ones I like. I REALLY like how nicely a Feather blade in my Muhle R89 Twist gives me a BBS close shave with no irritation. I like the balms for after shave that I have found so far. My skin is much better for it! Plus, my shave is more enjoyable now that I use a pre-shave cream/oil and the high fat shaving soaps & creams. I had a problem with Rosacea before switching to these shaving soaps and after shave balms. Now, it seems to be gone!

Bama Samurai and Sara-s like this.
  8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Most wise.

9. Bama Samurai

That works for me. I misread where you were at. Nice setup.