Will a bottle of whiskey go bad for a week?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be safe with me.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  3. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

That's just wrong... :p

4. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I had a half a pint of Jack that I finished in January. It had been sitting for 5 years. I think it was the first liquor I had someone buy for me since I was too young...

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Let us know how the whiskey was. Are you having a party?

6. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Nicely played sir, nicely played...

markjnewcomb likes this.
  7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Someone mentioned Glenfiddich I believe? I'm kinda like Dean Martin and show up directly from the bar :p

markjnewcomb likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

But, I wasn't the one gazing at the ceiling praying for death, now was I? :eatdrink013:

9. Dapper-in-a-can-man

You have it wrong. I was praying to survive. :D Rofl

richgem likes this.
  10. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Whiskey goes bad AFTER you drink it. When I used to drink tequilla, I'd wrestle large kitchen appliances...and win.

ZacharytheEngineer likes this.
  11. Dapper-in-a-can-man

That's because they were unplugged :D

richgem likes this.
  12. CyanideMetal

They were when I got finished with them LOL!

13. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Is this still technically a knockout?

14. CyanideMetal

I'm tellin' ya, the stuff made me crazy. We used to call it ToKillYa. Remember the worm at the bottom of Jose?? I should have been dead a long time ago.

15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Are you allowed to buy alcohol but not drink it until you turn 21?

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

As far as I know there is no law for what age you're allowed to drink alcohol.

Vendors are not allowed to sell to anyone under the age of 21 or they will loose their license to sell.
    Those older than 21 are not allowed to purchase for those under 21 or they can get arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (anyone under the age of 21).

17. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

In Sweden we are allowed to purchase alcoholic beverages in bars and and club by the age of 18 and light beer from stores. If the police "catches" us drunk they will take us home or something. I was never cought =P

We also have monopoly on alcohol so we have to be 20 years old to buy wine, string beer and other strong alcohol.(vodka, bourbon etc)

18. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

No place is a bad place

The Texas laws prohibit minors from consuming alcohol. I thought they could drink in the presence of their parents, but haven't found anything to confirm that.
    Underage Drinking Laws
    [​IMG]
    Minors who purchase, attempt to purchase, possess, or consume alcoholic beverages, as well as minors who are intoxicated in public or misrepresent their age to obtain alcoholic beverages, face the following consequences:

• Class C misdemeanor, punishable by a fine up to $500
    • Alcohol awareness class
    • 8 to 40 hours community service
    • 30 to 180 days loss or denial of driver's license
    If a minor is seventeen years of age or older and the violation is the third offense, the offense is punishable by a fine of $250 to $2,000, confinement in jail for up to 180 days or both, as well as automatic driver's license suspension.

A minor with previous alcohol-related convictions will have his or her driver's license suspended for one year if the minor does not attend alcohol awareness training that has been required by the judge.

I guess there are quite a few states that permit minors to drink under certain circumstances, mainly in the presence of their parents.
    http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591

RaZorBurn123 and swarden43 like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

When I was under 21 the laws were much more relaxed. Even in liberal California.

20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

My brother once convinced his wife that ice cream doesn't last a week in the freezer before it goes bad. They *had* to eat the ice cream that day or it would go bad.

Same goes for whiskey. So, Venom0706, since the whiskey doesn't last the best thing to do is to invite some friends and empty the bottle together! :D :eatdrink047:

richgem likes this.