Schick Type E injectors for dummies

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Jan 16, 2020.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is. It should be the same as it's American counterpart.

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you ..

3. alesmv

alesmv New Member

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I love my Schick E. So which one do I have?
    2FDE65A0-F1FB-4AFA-894E-114EDDC05FC7.jpeg

brit likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Jim99 and brit like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I pulled my #4 varient out of moth balls yesterday, inspired by this thread.

Glad I did!

This one is from a WWII Red Box Military Issue. Definitely not as aggressive as my #3 varient..and I don't have a #5 varient to compare it to...This razor is probably my smoothest, most effiecient injector PERIOD!

TKS for inspiring me to dust it off. This is gonna be a daily user for awhile[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Aztecmike and brit like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The shaves are done and the results in.

First delineation, I found that I got the best shaves out of the fixed spring razors so variants 1, 2 and 3 are on the back end of the best shavers. I will say variant 3 is the most aggressive of the lot. The black handle razors are the same as the onyx-composition handles for each accompanying variant.

Onto the fixed springs first observation the better shaver of the ones commonly called E2 razors was the 4th variant. Both gave BBS finishes except for one trouble spot under my chin that is where the 4th variant jumps ahead of the 5th variant. 4th variant was also more aggressive while the 5th was more mild but almost equal in performance due to it being very efficient.

Now onto the best shaver of the lot which was the 6th variant commonly called an E3 razor. This razor is the same shave wise as the 5th variant but has one performance tweak that pushes it over the top. The striations on the guard bar really do work as advertised and allow for a closer cut to the skin as it stretches it. That one tweak to the design made the 5th variant from a very good razor to a great razor and also why it is it's own variant.

Bird Lives, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Bravo! Nice work BBS!
    I'm sure you enjoyed every stroke. And this information should guide and illuminate the path for future "Schick-Heads" for many years to come.

This should; along with your other Schick Types for Dummies threads; be made into stickies and saved for posterity!

Thank You for your dedication and attention to detail.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk